We are situated in The Garden Route – one of the most sought after tourist destinations in South Africa. It is a place of exceptional beauty and contrast offering numerous holiday activities. We are twenty kilometres away from Plettenberg Bay.
Those who would like to volunteer with us, please contact Karin at: email@example.com for more information.
Volunteers are not only needed to help with the vervet troop in our care, but are needed to monitor wild baboon and vervet troops in the area. Little is known about wild monkey and baboon troops along the Garden Route. Some projects that need assistance are:
1. A management plan to offer local tourist establishments about harmonious co-existence with wild primates and other wildlife in the area.
2. Data on troop structures in this area.
3. Diet of both baboons and monkeys in this area.
4. Anti-poaching programs to establish where snaring is a growing problem.
5. Website help and fundraising.
Articles on primate related issues for local publications.
Handing out pamphlets at relevant hot spots.
Talking to schools about the plight of primates in South Africa.